Swakopmund with its German character, mild
weather and lots of activities is the holiday Mekka of Namibia.
Here you can laze the days away in the sun or go quad-biking,
sand or dune boarding, fishing, sight seeing, scenic flights,
horse riding, sky diving or an early morning cruise among the
dolphins. Whatever your liking you would probably find it in
Then there is the
kilometers of beaches which you and your family can enjoy. Pack
a picnic bag, get the fishing gear and drive out to magical
names such as mile 8, mile 30, Wlotzkas Baken, Jakkalsputz,
Sahra se Gat, then set yourself up for the day... and while
the kids get on with there day, dad can try his luck for
tonight's fish braai while Mom work on her tan.
You can go shopping, drive through
centre Swakopmund and check out all the historical buildings
mostly build in the early German Architecture styles.
There is also:
- Rossmund Golf Course outside Swakopmund (18 holes)
- Horse Riding out at the Swakop River
- The Moon Landscape (self drive or join a day tour)
- Quad biking adventures (go on a tour through the dune
belt and see things like the horses graveyard etc)
- The various cafe's in and around town is also a winner
with their German confectionary